Tuesday 27 October 2015

Last minute Halloween makeup



Halloween is so close now, and if your like me you've probably left your costume to the last minute. But don't worry here are two quick and easy makeup ideas that are really easy, but still really effective. 

Pop Art Girl
Just before I start I want to make it clear I am not great at makeup and art, etc; you can probably do way better than me, but this is just my version of this simple look.

First I moisterised and primed my face as usual, then I just applied my foundation, concealer and power as usual. I used my Mac Studio Fix foundation in NW15, my Rimmel London Wake Me Up concealer in fair and my Avon Calming Effects loose powder in nude.

Next I started defining my face by taking a black face paint and outlining my face shape and my cheek bones. I also drew a line up the middle of my face and around the head of my eyebrow. You should outline any part of the face that has a change in tone to make you look more two dimensional ( if that makes sense).

Next into your eye area. First I started by taking my Smashbox Limitless eye liner, in onyx, and went against everything I've ever been told about doing my eyebrows. I drew the outline to my eyebrow, and just filled it all in to make it a very block coloured eyebrow. After my eyebrows were finished I moved onto my eyes. All you have to do is pick a very vibrant colour eyeshadow(I chose Aqua from my Smashbox cosmic palette) an layer it all over your eye, trying to have as little fall out as possible. Finally I finished my eye with a nice winged eyeliner, using Rimmel London Glam'eyes liquid liner in black.
I said finally but I lied. I actually finished my eye by drawing a line around my eyeshadow with some black face paint, and applied mascara( Mac Extended Play Gigablack Lash) to my bottom lashes. I didn't apply it to my top lashes as I have semi- permanent lashes on right now, but feel free to apply mascara or even flash lashes for a more dramatic look.

Now that we have all our markings on, it's time for the fun part. Now we get to put red dots all over our face ( yay ). I started off trying to make my dots more 'uniform' but after a while I just gave up and started placing the dots randomly, which probably wasn't the best idea but oh well.
Now that we look like we have chicken poks we can finish off our makeup. Finally I applied Mac Lipstick in Rebel, leaving a small section colourless. In my little gap I used a cheap white kohl eyeliner ,that I don't actually know the name of, and topped it with some white eyeshadow.
Now that the makeup was complete I changed into my outfit. All I wore was a yellow crop top from Miss Selfridge and a pair of turcoise jeans from 
If you want to go a step further you could wear a colourful wig; when I used this look last year I wore a bright blue wig to make myself look even more like a pop art drawing. You could even extend the makeup down your neck, or on your ears, or your arm, ect. You could even add tears to your character. I hope you liked this, and that it might have helped you.



Half skull makeup
When I was looking for different last minute looks, this was the one that kept coming up over and over again.

I started my moisterising my face with my Cetraben cream moisteriser and priming my face with my Smashbox Photo Finish primer. 
Next I outlined the shape of my 'exposed' skull with white face paint, and filled it in. I used a few coating of face paint, to get my desired base coverage.
I then took my black paint and outline the shape of the sockets, painted on my nose and also painted a thin line in the middle of my lips.
 
After this had dried I moved onto sketching out my Cheek and jaw bone. I then started to line up where my teeth would go.
Next starting from the center I sketched in where each tooth would go, trying to keep them all an even size. After I had place my teeth I tried to add a sort of shadow between my cheek and jaw bone( it will improve, trust me).
Now for the fun part. I then took a black eyeshadow on a small thin brush and started to define the shape of my teeth, and chose how I wanted them to sit. I also took the blacks and greys from the palette and added them to the shaded area between the bones, to add dimension.

The last thing I did to the skull part of my face was I took some grey eyeshadow and shaded around oall the bones and the sockets to add depth.

When I was happy with the skull, I moved onto the rest of my face and added my Mac Studio Fix foundation in NW15 and my Rimmel London Wake Me Up concealer in fair. I then applied Mac Mineralize Skinfinish In the shade medium to dark to my temples, and the highlight from my Seventeen Define and Contour kit toward the middle of my forehead. 
I then moved on to my eyes. I went for a purple smokey eye using my Urban Decay Shadow Box Palette. Using the fluffy side of my brush, I applied Sin to my lid, Bordello to my crease, Tornado above my crease and using the thinner side of my brush I applied Blackout to my crease and blended it out. I finished off my eye creating a cute wing, with my Rimmel London Glam'eyes liquid liner in black, and coated my bottom lashes with my Mac Extended Play Gigablack Lash. Again you can also coat your top lashes or use some false lashes for a more dramatic effect, I am not as I have currently got some semi-permanent lashes on.  
Using my Avon Perfect Brow set I filled in my eyebrows, then highlighted my brow bone using my Benifit High Beam.


Makeup finished, I then changed into a black cocktail dress from Miss Selfrige and a pair of very sparkely shoes( that I sadly couldn't get in the photo) from New Look.

And that's the finished look. I hope you liked it. It as really quick and easy; I think it looks really effective for Halloween. You can also change it up to be  however you like it: you could show more skull like on your forehead, you could add cracks in your chin. You can have fun with this look and change it to suit you. 

I hope that these two looks have helped you, and that you have a great Halloween. 
Bye x

2 comments:

  1. I really like the Skelton makeup I might take inspiration from this for my Halloween costume!�� However I feel the pop art outfit is a little bit inapropriate for the age of your readers
    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy you liked it. I don't see how the outfit is inapropiate, but even has different views (whatever floats your boat).

    ReplyDelete